Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Today’s theme is : Favorite bookstores BUT…
I went rogue again as I don’t have ten favorite bookstores to talk about.
Instead, I thought if I had to build my dream bookstore, what would it look like? What “essentials “and luxuries would I want it to have?
- A dream location and architecture like that one:
2. Lots of book events with my favorite authors!
3. Comfort food and coffee
4. Special editions with lots of customization
5. A book club to talk about our favorite books , gush and analyze everything!
6. Cozy reading nooks
7. Bookish merch like candles, bookmarks, tote etc.
8. Writing classes to help you write your own book one day…
9. Bookish craft classes like painting your own book edges, making your own bookish funko pop …
10. A “swap” corner or “second hand” corner where you can unhaul your books and maybe find some used ones.
Now would my bookstore tempt you?
Thanks for reading!
I would definitely want to spend time in your bookstore! I don’t know if I would ever leave!
I missed this on Tuesday, found in on Sunday from Caffeinated Reader. And, yes, I’d go to that store in a heartbeat! Great idea to have a swap corner. And cozy, homey, inviting reading nooks. I’m here for it!
Oh man, have you seen this twitter thread from author Melissa Caruso? Your post reminded me of it, I think you’ll definitely appreciate it 🙂 https://twitter.com/melisscaru/status/1574836243640324129
Sounds like a bookish heaven, Sophie! I sort of want to escape there myself now. 😀
I want to climb into the picture for #6. I’m waiting for the Grand Opening… 🙂
Such a fun twist on this week’s topic and I agree with Tammy that we need you to create this bookstore for us all to visit, haha!
From the sound of your list I think you need to open this bookstore yourself! Love this idea
Maybe I will one day Tammy 😉
You’d never get rid of me, lol
Having these nearby at a bookstore would be so much fun. I am always jealous of readers that live near bookstores that have what they need. I am always jealous of those that live near the Ripped Bodice.
The Ripped Bodice is the only one I know Renee! :-)))
Bookish craft classes is rather original. The books stores should jump on that.
Right Sam? Maybe I could give such class lol